Care of the elderly is the fulfilment of the special needs and requirements that are unique to senior citizens. This encompasses services such as assisted living, adult day care, home based care and institutional care.
There are currently six established Government sponsored homes providing care for the elderly and other less fortunate individuals in the Commonwealth of Dominica.
- The Dominica Infirmary
- The Grotto Home
- The Portsmouth Home for the Aged
- Mount Carmel Retirement Home
- Clara’s Home
- Mahaut Senior Citizen home
In addition, the “Yes We Care” Programme provides home based care for the elderly.
Procedure for entry into Institutions:
- Application made at the Welfare Division
- Investigation done by Welfare Officer and recommendation made
- Report submitted to respective institution