"To develop national human resources through community, non-formal education, enabling each adult citizen, group and community to progress and participate meaningfully in the spiritual, social, economic, cultural and political development of the country."
The Adult Education Division has as its broad objectives:
- To motivate and stimulate participation of all levels of persons in the community to work towards an intensified Adult Education Programme to include basic literacy and continuing into lifelong education
- To provide the necessary expertise relevant to nation building to help people become self-reliant and independent thus improving their standard of living
- Community organisation/mobilisation
- Skills training
- Continuing Education Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) and Caribbean Certificate of Secondary Level Competence (CCSLC)
- Community education
- Development of learning centres
- Parenting programmes
- Facilitators training
- Summer Programmes (skills)
- Public discussions / forums
- Production of reinforcement material in adult literacy
- Field trips
At present, the Division is staffed by:
- One (1) Adult Education Officer
- One (1) Field Supervisor
- Seven (7) Zone Officers
- One (1) Secretary/Typist
- One (1) Office Attendant
Much of the task of the Division is achieved through the efforts of many volunteers who serve as committee members and facilitators.
You can download the information brochure (PDF 109 KB) for more information.
Registration forms can be obtained from the office on Kennedy Avenue or below.
Please note that forms must be returned to the Adult Education Office on Kennedy Avenue.
Adult Education Division
22 Kennedy Avnenue
Commonwealth of Dominica
Tel. 1 (767) 266 3305/3356/3490